Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving in the Bifulco home

Some Thanksgiving traditions we do at my household are eating turkey, throwing the football around, watching football, and giving thanks. I wake up from the smell of turkey or food at around 9 or 10 in the morning. Then I eat and throw the football around until one of the football games come on. When we have Thanksgiving we invite all my family members over. Everyone is in a great mood for thanksgiving when people show up at my house. We eat around 5 o’clock every year for Thanksgiving so that way we could watch football. My mom usually makes turkey, green bean casserole, mash potatoes, corn, gravy, cranberries, stuffing, and sweet potatoes. For desert we eat 4 types of pies. The pies are pumpkin, apple, cookies and cream, and chocolate pudding pie. We throw the football around usually before and after dinner and during halftimes of the football games. After we are done eating around 6 or 6:30, we play board games. We play monopoly, snakes and ladders, and charades. That usually takes about an hour or so. Afterwards we watch football or a Christmas movie. After the movie or football game, usually my family leaves. After I take a nap for an hour or so because of all the food we eat at my house. I think I gain about 10 pounds each time I eat a Thanksgiving dinner  My cousins and aunts and grandma leave around 9, then my family lets us open up one gift from are Christmas pile. If it is a game for my Xbox I usually play that for the rest of the night. Every year I am always ready for a good thanks giving, because of all the food that we eat and it also brings your family together. This is the typically day of Thanksgiving in the Bifulco home.

No comments:

Post a Comment