Thursday, November 10, 2011

Upcoming basketball season

This is a choice blog. In my choice blog I am going to write about my upcoming basketball season. This upcoming basketball season will be a fun season. I am hoping to lead the bulldogs into the playoffs this year, hopefully Buff State. We only have one returning starter but me and a couple of junior and sophomore Brian Stoldt should step up to the plate this season. We have 2 tournaments this upcoming season. One is at Akron and the other one is at Iroquois which is where the first game will take place. This year will be tough to win the division, because Cleveland Hill has 4 returning starters and Tonawanda has their leading scorer back. His name is Jesse Lalka. He averaged 21.1 points, 4.9 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.  I think I could hold him to 10 points easy each game when we play them. Cleve Hill on the other hand is very athletic and fast. If we don’t get boards and play good defense against them then we will be in trouble. I am hoping to average 10-17 points a game this year with 5 rebounds and 4 assist. I think we have a great group of guys that can run the fast break with are size and speed. There will be a lot of doubters in are basketball team this year but I have a weird feeling that we might do something special this year. We have a deep enough bench that if someone gets hurt then someone could step right in with no problems whatsoever. With a new coach too, Andy Smith, I think he will lead us in the right path for us to win games. He is a great coach and it seems like he has a great feel for the game of basketball.

No comments:

Post a Comment