Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas

My favorite holiday has to be by far Christmas. Christmas gives you a chance to show you care about people. Christmas is about coming together no matter what, through thick and thin. My family has gone through a lot during Christmas time; car accidents and deaths, but for some reason though I think everyone will be healthy and it will be an awesome Christmas. When you receive gifts during Christmas, it doesn’t matter if you don’t like it; it is the thought that counts. The food around Christmas time as well is the bomb! During Christmas I eat spaghetti and lasagna. That is the perfect dinner if you are Italian. My family and I visit my grandma and aunt on Christmas. We sit around, and watch TV, and play games, and open up presents. I also like watching basketball games on Christmas as well, but not this year, because of the NBA Lockout which is very disappointing. Another reason why I like Christmas is, because we are off from school for a week and New Year’s is right around the corner. I like white Christmas’s, because it really doesn’t hit home when there is no snow. I have a feeling this Christmas will be a good one, because my family will be healthy and financially, my parents are in better shape than last year.  Christmas also celebrates the birth of Jesus.  My family is a big believer in God. Usually on Christmas my family and I go to church for about 2 hours and celebrate the birth of Jesus.  God has helped my family a lot and I think it’s the least we could do is to celebrate his son’s birth. Overall I think Christmas is the best holiday to help people get their spirits up about life and if someone is having a bad Christmas, try and turn it into a good one for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment