Thursday, October 27, 2011

My favorite teacher

There have been many coaches and teachers in my life that have impacted me in a positive way, but no one has impacted me the way Mr. Burkhardt has. Mr. B was my English teacher in 7th and 8th grade. The first day I walked into his classroom I can tell by his personality that I was going to have a fun time with Mr. B. Me and Mr. B had a lot in common. We loved sports, joking around, and talking about life. When I was in his class he would let me move around wherever I wanted in the classroom and talk to whoever I wanted, as long as I did my work inside and outside the classroom. Mr. B would always help me with my homework whenever I needed help too. Mr. B was like a father figure to me. We would have talks about my family and he would talk about his family to me as well. He was like my mentor. During basketball season in 8th grade Mr. B would let me post my basketball stats for each game throughout the season.  He called it “The Dino Tracker”, because Dino use to be my nickname back in middle school. 8th grade year we played one on one against each other. I beat him 11 to 7. That was the first time I ever played basketball against one of my teachers. He also loved basketball like me. He use to play at the park when he was younger and when I was like in 5th grade. Mr. B was a one of a kind type of teacher in my perspective. He impacted me in such a great deal. He taught me how to be a hard worker and how to never give up on your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment