Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Goals as a student and an athlete

This school year one of my goals as a student is to get on the honor roll all year long. I have never did that before so I figured that I might as well end senior year in a bang. As an athlete I wanted to win a state championship for football.  I have never had such a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach after we lost to Hornell in the regional game. I have never had such a gut wrenching feeling in my stomach. Are whole team has been working so hard this offseason. We have a lot of talent coming up from the JV team which went undefeated last season. We have a lot of expectations as a team and as players. If we don’t go all the way we will feel that we failed as a team and we would fail our coach.  Another goal as an athlete is to win a sectional title for basketball and get a scholarship to a Division 3 school to play basketball. I got an email from a coach to go to this college exposure camp in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on October 9th. The college is a Division II school. There will be over 200 coaches in attendance and hopefully I get looked at by a couple colleges after this camp. The sectional title will be hard to get but I think we have enough talent to win a lot of games this year for basketball. We will need to beat Tonawanda once and Cleveland Hill once to have a chance at the sectional title. We have the length and a deep bench this year. It is honestly the best it has been in the last few years. If I average about 14 points a game it will be hard for any team to keep up with us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment