Friday, September 30, 2011

My Greatest Moment

One of my many great moments in my life is when I went to the NCAA March Madness Tournament in 2007 in Buffalo, NY. The tickets were very expensive, but it was worth every penny, because of the great experience I had. My favorite team Duke was playing there and at the time my favorite player was playing there too. His name was Stephen Curry. He played for Davidson. He was an incredible player that could score from anywhere on the court. Most of all he was a very respectful young kid who was very humble. I watched Curry play against one of my rival teams Maryland, who at the time had DJ Strawberry and Greivis Vasquez. They were great scorers and great defensive players. Even though they Davidson lost, Curry ended up having thirty points, four rebounds, three assist, and three steals. Strawberry and Vasquez ended up combining for twenty-two points, twelve rebounds, and nine assist. I guess Maryland was too much for Davidson. My Dukies were up! I couldn’t wait for them to play. They were facing Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU).  VCU had a solid team with a great leader in Eric Maynor. He lead the team with twenty two points per game and six assist per game. Duke on the other hand had a great leader in Greg Paulus and DeMarcus Nelson. Duke had a very good team and was projected to win this game. VCU though came out strong in the game. They seemed like they were going to win the game, because Duke came out flat soon as they took the court. You could tell by their body language. The score was thirty-nine to thirty-eight. Then Duke went on to a ten nothing run on VCU, but VCU climbed right back and tied the score up. With 20 seconds left Maynor took a shot and hit it and VCU beat Duke, seventy-nine to seventy-seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment