Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Summer in Review

This summer was a blast! Ever since the first day of summer I have hung out with all my friends every day. All of us would go to the “spot” relax and lie out in the sun and swim all day and night. I did work a lot this summer though. I worked on average around 35-40 hours a week at Darien Lake. I was a water attendant there. My job was to push people down the water slides and get girls numbers.  Shortly after work ended for me I went to a basketball camp at Hilbert College. I was there for a week. I was one of the best players there. I averaged around 20 points a game, 7 rebounds, and 4 assist. I won an award for best foul shooting percentage which was 94%. My team ended up losing in the first round of playoffs though. We lost by 3 points. It was a tough lost, because I wanted to win it all but we just came up short at the end letting them get easy offensive rebounds. Right after basketball camp, football started. Our goal from right after we lost to Hornell in the regional game was to beat Hornell and win the Class B state championship. Every Tuesday and Thursday we would have football workouts to get bigger and bond as a team. A lot of people had doubts about us, because we lost our most of our starters due to graduation but we knew we had to prove them wrong. Football practice started and we were preparing for Cobleskill at the Carrier Dome. It was the first time Alden has ever been at the Carrier Dome, so we know we had pressure on us to win, but we came up on top winning 31-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment