Thursday, January 26, 2012

J-1

For this blog I am describing a hero. A hero can be described in many ways. A hero could be someone that you could look up too or someone that has overcame adversity and prospered through it. In my opinion I think heroes are doctors, firefighters, cops, and people in the armed forces.  If I had to choose someone that could be my hero it would be my father. My father has always been there for me no matter what. Ever since I was 5 years old I would always being doing something with him. When I was younger we use to play games in my living room. We would play football with a foam football. My dad would tell me too run a route and he would throw the football to me either leading me to the couch or catching it on the rug. Another game we would play would have to do with basketball. We would buy this rubber ball and use this basket as a basketball hoop. We would stand at the end of my living room and shoot the ball into the basket until we missed. These games that me and my dad played helped me love sports. He had such a big influence on me with sports. He coached me in football for 13 years and in basketball for 4. Even if he was not interested in sports he taught me life lessons when I was young. He told me that women weaken the legs and the pocket books and that always keep your mouth shut when your mom talks to you. Those 2 life lesson have made me the man I am today. Another reason why he is my hero is that he provides for his family. He works 40 hours a week and does whatever has to be done at home. This is my hero, who is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment