Thursday, May 3, 2012

P-3

For this following blog I am going to talk about the teachers evaluations in New York State. The New York State teacher evaluations are good to do, but I think that they should base it more off where kids go to school then test scores. Test scores in my opinion don’t prove anything, because people could cheat on test to get that good of grades. If you do it by where students go to school like Harvard or a Princeton then you should get a bonus. This proves that they didn’t cheat on the SAT and that they paid attention all year long. I know it is very hard to get into a Harvard or Princeton, but this just shows how devoted teachers were to their students and how well they taught the students. This is why some schools are in a budget crisis and have to cut teachers even sports, because of the bonus money they give teachers just based on test scores and not overall performance. I also think that some teachers should get tested on how well they teach there subject they teach, because some teachers are not very good at teaching and sometimes I wonder as a student on how they even got a their teaching degree. Yes some individuals are probably very smart at a certain subject like math, but are they good a teaching people it? That’s the real question you have to ask as a school administrator or superintendent. I do like how teachers are required to shadow one teacher for a year, because then you learn how to actually teach someone and you learn how some people learn in different ways Overall, I do agree with New York State on trying to find a way on how effective a teacher is for their job, but I definitely would not base it off test scores.  

No comments:

Post a Comment