Thursday, December 1, 2011

Favorite Genre of Music

My favorite music genre has to be either rap or country. Yeah I know that’s an odd combination, but oh well. Rap music has a lot of history. Rap music goes back to the 70’s where there was LL Cool J, Biz Markie, Beastie Boys, etc. Now you hear Lil Wayne, Eminem, Drake, and etc. on the radio. These are some of my favorite artist. They affect me both in a positive way and a negative way. When I play sports I mostly listen to rap, because it gets me ready to play. It puts me in a zone where I feel that no one could stop me when I play any sport. Usually I listen to rap music when I’m in a good mood. Some of the music makes me want to dance and party with all my friends and of course with some girls as well. When I’m in a bad/sad mood I’ll listen to some songs where I just listen to their lyrics and see how they relate to my life. Sometimes it could put me worst mood or it could make me feel better and I realize that my life could be way worst. I haven’t really listen to country music long enough to know all the artist but I’m slowly starting to like it. When I listen to country music it makes me think a lot. I listen to the lyrics and I could compare some of my life to the song in any country song. Sometimes there are some really sad songs like “Whiskey Lullaby”. That song makes me tear up inside a little bit, because I could relate to that song with one my cousins killing themselves from drinking way too much and committing suicide. Music has an influence in everyone, sometimes it could be bad and sometimes it could be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment