Saturday, March 31, 2012

N-4

When I first heard this story I was amazed at what happened to Trayvon Martin. He was an innocent kid who just bought something to eat and drink minding his own business and he got shot. Black people do trust the police to a point. The only thing black people really trust the police for is protecting and serving them.  I feel that Trayvon Martin’s death was uncalled for and inappropriate. We have talked about it in school, but originally I heard of it through a friend’s mom. The main issue that is brought up to me is, just because Trayvon was walking around a neighborhood and he was African American he got shot. I walk around my neighborhood and my friend’s neighborhoods all the time, but nothing ever happens to me. In my opinion, this brings up a race issue. The law enforcement in that area needs to be questioned for sure. First off, the law of “Stand your Ground” needs to be overturned. It goes back to the old saying, never judge a book by its cover. This kid was completely unarmed and still got shot just because he looked a certain way and that is not okay. Second, the police force in the area needs to be questioned. Why was Zimmermon not taken to jail? He had murdered an innocent teenager based on “suspicion.” In my mind, that is crap. You can’t just randomly kill somebody off suspicion and get away with it the kid was doing nothing wrong and got killed for it. It is amazing how are government system is this messed up. This just goes to show that bad things can happen to innocent people who don’t deserve it and good things, such as not being taken to prison for murder, happen to the worst of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment